HOW TO MAKE VANILLA ALMOND MILK AT HOME!
Ever wondered about how to make your own almond milk? Well, I have the perfect recipe for it! It is easy to make, delicious and nutritious!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Homemade almond milk is far more nutritious than the store bought version! It has no carrageenan (a common almond milk additive getting some negative press lately, as it could be a culprit for gut damage). You can also get to control the amount and kind of sweetener in it. Plus it’s dairy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free and low in sugar, depending on your choice and amount of sweetener!
Here are a few other health benefits of making your own almond milk:
- Almonds are high in heart healthy monosaturates which is the same kind of fat found in olive oil! They are known as the perfect “nut” as they contain a balanced ratio of fats to protein and carbs!
- No bad oils: The almond milk recipe below contains no bad oils and has a healthy dose of coconut oil. Coconut oil contained mostly medium chained fatty acids (MCFAs). Unlike long-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) found in plant based oils, MCFAs are easier to digest, not readily stored as fat and processed by the liver. This means that they are immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat!
- Preservative/ additive and chemical free! Making it the healthiest way of ingesting Almond milk.
- Way more almonds and healthy ingredient: Homemade almond milk is much more nutritious than the store bought version as it contains way more almonds and healthier whole food ingredients (like dates and coconut oil!) Medjool dates contain natural raw sugar with fiber and antioxidants. They have a great, Caramely taste! YUM!
- Blends well! Delicious for your overnight oats, in your morning coffee or post workout smoothie.
- Perfect for vegans, vegetarians and those who are intolerant to dairy.