One of my all-time favorite recipes for healthy eating on the go are these delicious and healthy egg muffins.
- 5 whole eggs and 1 ½ cup egg whites (you can use an organic liquid egg white for this part for less waist.)
- ½ red or green pepper chopped
- 1 cups raw spinach chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 4 slices of low sodium organic turkey bacon half cooked or turkey slices
- Sprinkling of goat cheese & hot sauce to taste.
- Healthy coconut, ghee or butter spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Bake bacon until mostly cooked while prepping veggies
3. Whisk eggs, add salt-free spice (example Ms. Dash or other) and pepper
4. Chop veggies and bacon into small pieces by hand or in food processor
5. Spray muffin tin with a natural coconut, ghee or butter spray.
6. Place sliced veggies and bacon in the muffin tins
7. Pour egg mix over top
- Serving Size: 1 egg muffin
- Calories: 55.08
- Sugar: .67
- Fat: 3.61
- Carbohydrates: 1.25
- Fiber: .34
- Protein: 4.34
Keywords: healthy breakfast