Raw, gluten & dairy free, loaded with anti-oxidants and other skin and heat healthy ingredients… this power ball is for you!
- 1/2 cup ground pumpkin seeds (measure raw pumpkin seeds before grinding)
- 1/4 ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground maca root
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut1/4 cup unsweetened cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or other fav dried or fresh fruit i.e pomegranate seeds)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (or other nut butter if you prefer)
- 4 Majool dates ground (see notes for more info on dates to choose)
- Add to food processor or magic bullet: Pumpkin seeds and Majool dates. Once each is ground and blended, place in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir. After initial stir, ensure your hands are thoroughly washed and kneed the mixture together with your hands.
- Use an ice cream scoop, or just use your hands and create a ball of power ball with your hands and pack it together until it is round. Each power ball should measure out at roughly 20 grams. Place in Tupperware and keep in the fridge.
Make sure to get fresh gooey dates. If they are dry, you will not get the sweet taste or sticky texture necessary for the recipe. It’s best if you soak the dates in a small glass bowl overnight in room temperature with a breathable cloth or paper towel to cover them.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 111.6
- Sugar: 3.11
- Fat: 7.64
- Carbohydrates: 8.11
- Fiber: 3.16
- Protein: 3.76
Keywords: Healthy Snack