Looking to Cinch Your Waistline?
Many women train abs all the time but can’t seem to find the trick to snatch that wasit (also known as cinching your waistline in the world of Pilates). Traditional abs training combined with functional training may even be making your waist look straight and boxy. In all my training, my ‘Hourglass Shaping Technique’ is always at the forefront. I have been an advanced mat Pilates instructor for over 10 years and I know that Pilates techniques and breathing is what will cinch your waist. I lost at least 3-4 inches at the rib and waist area alone from Pilates training. This was not fat-loss as I was already lean. This was literally pulling and cinching my muscles and waist in.
Check out this waist-cinching Pilates routine that I made just for you using some of my fave beginner/intermediate Pilates moves. They’re quick and easy to do, and best of all, you can do it right in your living room. Grab a mat and click the video below to get started!
ALL ABOUT ABS
Getting flat abs is about so much more than just abs training. While important, it’s is only one piece of the puzzle.
- All of the pieces of the puzzle would include:
1. Abs Training
- Abs training done properly can cinch your waistline and give you beautiful definition lines (that will be seen if all of the below are also in play). The most important part of abs training that I find most people are missing is connection and flexing. My rule of training not just for abs, but for all body parts is: when you flex (or complete a concentric repetition), you don’t complete the rep until you feel the flex. When you feel the flex, you exhale and contract more (actively cinching the waist ‘drawing bellybutton to spine’ as you exhale). Once you’ve done this, you can complete your rep inhaling and go back to the start of the movement.
- Many people just kinda go ‘up and down’ doing crunches without actually ever ‘feeling’ the flex, cinch and exhale along with the inhale and abs stretch of each repetition. Without this, you are not only not properly training your abs, you may actually be hurting your lower back. My Pilates video above can assist with working on understanding this theory.
- Genetics plays a major role in so many factors of what your abs currently look like, and will look like with proper diet and training. For example, some people naturally are more squared at the waist and some are curvier. Some will easily develop a full 6-8 pack set of abs with proper training and nutrition while some will get more of the two lines down the sides of your waist with very little horizontal cuts. Some naturally carry most of their fat on the stomach area and it takes great discipline to see any definition in this area while others may see their abs first as soon as they start dieting. So please know, if you’re not seeing your abs immediately, it could be in part to your genetics. No need to bang your head against the wall on this one if you’re not genetically gifted in the abs department. Instead, look at your start point and be realistic about your goals. Here is a list of things you can do, regardless of your genetics:
- Cinch your waist with Pilates breathing and proper training.
- Lose stomach fat by eating clean, balancing your hormone (if this is an issue), reducing stress (and therefore cortisol – a stress hormone that can cause you to gain stomach fat.
- Build your lats and shoulders and abductors without adding size to your waist to make it looks naturally curvier – Hourglass Shaping Technique is all about training to create curvy illusions.
- Eat clean eating and add HIIT cardio to reduce fat on your whole body. You can not spot reduce, so this will help you lose weight everywhere including your abdominal region.
- So, no matter what your genetics are, you CAN make amazing changes to your awesome abs!
- Nutrition is one of the most important factors is ‘seeing your abs’. You could literally exercise and resistance train properly every single day, but, if your nutrition is off, you may never see all your hard work. The old saying “you can’t out-train a bad diet” is entirely true. Proper eating will vary slightly from person to person, the main information that you’ll need for understanding abs and nutrition is as follows:
- Stay close to your recommended macro and calories per day as recommended by a BRM calculator + activity level. Going over this recommended amount could cause excess fat to accumulate unless you have a very fast metabolism.
- Stay hydrated by drinking adequate water which will allow your metabolism to function optimally.
- Choose foods that you do not have sensitivities to.
- You can be sensitive to even the healthiest foods like chicken, strawberries or garlic. Food sensitivities can and usually do cause bloating and inflammation. How do you know if you have a food sensitivity? You can do an elimination diet or you can take an IGG food sensitivity blood test with your naturopathic doctor.
- Include anti-inflammatory foods.
- Anti-inflammatory foods can assist with a flat belly in a variety of ways from adding good bacteria to your gut to actually reducing inflammation. Some anti-inflammatory foods include: turmeric, apple cider vinegar, kimchi, pineapple, omega-3 rich foods like walnuts, etc.
- Keep your sugar consumption at bay!
- Those pesky sugar cravings can lead to more than just fat gain. Sugar is also one of the main foods that keep belly bloating creatures that may live in your tummy alive. Candida, a form of yeast overgrowth and parasites both need sugar to stay vital. By reducing your sugar intake, not only do you cut down on some extra fat, but you also starve any candida or parasites that may be living in your gut. This double whammy attack can really assist in flattening that tummy!
The Flat-Belly ‘Fire Shot’! 🔥 Why I Love it:
I created this special drink with all the best holistic ingredients to literally flatten your belly. You may already have many of the ingredients right in your cupboard.
- All natural de-bloater and flat belly solution (and it tastes great!)
- Ginger to assist with great digestion
- Honey & ACV for good bacteria to assist with a healthy gut & a flat belly
- Super anti-inflammatory foods like turmeric for a flat, happy belly
- It’s the perfect delicious flat belly shot and only takes 3 minutes to make in your mini blender.
Check out the Full Recipe and Benefits!
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey 🍯
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ Lemon squeezed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ a tsp turmeric powder or 1-inch fresh turmeric root (if you can get it)
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
Watch the Video Below for the Full Recipe!
Looking for Even More Flat Belly Secrets?
CLICK BELOW to get my Flat Belly Challenge – TODAY ONLY $27 for a lifetime membership!!!
Chaptered audio teaching you how to get a flat belly from the inside out!
- Fixing food sensitivities
- An elimination diet (find out what’s causing your bloat & fit it!)
- How the liver affects the flat belly and how to fix it!)
- How to fix your gut health!
- What is Candida, how it could be causing havoc in your system and how to fix it!)
- Do you have parasites? How to find out, how to fix it!
- And of course, diet/exercise tips and more!
Amazing Results in Just 10 Days!!!
“I had fallen off the wagon, added a ton of weight then went to Central America for 10 days in February. After the trip, I was horrified by my vacation photos!
Realizing that I needed to strap down, I started following Lyzabeth’s nutritional recommendations. I have just restarted Month 1 but these are my differences so far in just 10 days. I’ve proudly stuck to the food guidelines and am religious about the fire shots!
I can NOT tell you how happy I am not to feel bloated all the time. My tummy always felt round, hard from pressure and it was awful physically and mentally, to be honest. It is utterly amazing to me what just clean eating can do for your body and mind.
It wasn’t my plan to join here in quest of a perfect bikini body or abs, I’ve just wanted to be happier with myself and to be healthier so THANK YOU all for the help and support moving forward” – TWL Member, Maryann Izzarelli IG & FB: izzarelli
CLICK HERE to get my Flat Belly Challenge for only$27 for a lifetime membership!! Hope this information helps you on your flat belly journey! Don’t forget to tag me in your IG progress pictures so I can follow along with your progress! #TrainWithLyzabeth