SWEET SPICY GREENS JUICE
I love green juices and drink them almost every single day! Today I am sharing with you a great fresh green drink that you can make in your blender! It’s super easy and nutritious!
By making it in the blender you are getting the amazing benefits of the green drink, plus you are getting awesome insoluble fiber as well that you would not get in a green drink made with a juicer.
Note that you must drink a blended drink as SOOOOON as you finish blending it and or at least within 20 minutes or it will oxidize. Oxidization will make it to lose nutrients very fast. But, when you drink it right after blending, you’re getting a ton of nutrients, including anti-aging and anti-cancer properties. Also, the fiber will assist greatly in making you feel full and allow you to better control your portions throughout the day.
My Sweet Spicy Greens Juice is the perfect mix of sweet and spicy while getting a ton of green goodness. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share this video with your friends to get them healthy with you!
SWEET SPICY GREENS JUICE: YOUTUBE TUTORIAL
(go one hit Subscribe!)👇
Use a power blender like a vita mix. If using a juicer, do not add the ½ cup filtered water and the coconut water…. just add the coconut water at the end.
Note: for people with blenders, this recipe will likely not work in a regular blender, you may need a high power blender like a Vitamix, Ninja or PowerTech. Personally, I use a Vitamix. I’m hoping to get an Omega juicer as well (these are my two personal favorite brands, I am not sponsored by either!).
This recipe yields one serving. This should be made fresh and consumed within 20 minutes of blending! If using a cold pressed juicer, drink as soon as possible or within 72 hours is the general recommendation to maximize nutrition retention.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MY SWEET SPICY GREENS JUICE
Almost every single ingredient offers anti-inflammatory benefits which means less bloating, puffiness, and disease! My sweet spicy greens packs a huge punch of powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants are great to boost your immune system, prevent cancer and for over all longevity.
- Romaine lettuce: Adds a sweeter taste of the greens – packed with lots of nutrients for a light green leafy green. Also an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C!
- Spinach: Known to an anti-inflammatory. Also has anti-cancer flavonoids!
- Cilantro & Mint: adds a punch of flavor while adding vitamin c and antioxidants
- Ginger root: Adds a spicy punch to your juice while aiding in digestion for a flatter tummy! Contains anti-inflammatory micro nutrient gingerols.
- Apple: Apples add a sweet flavor to your juice and can help to regulate your blood sugar. What does that mean for you? It means you could be less likely to crave sugar and ruin your diet!
- Pineapple: Pineapples contain a powerful micro nutrient called bromaline. Bromaline is known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects. While it’s throughout the fruit, much of bromaline is found in the core and stem so I like to juice a bit of this as well!
- Coconut water: Amazing hydrating benefits! I like to get the water fresh from the coconut so there are no preservative or additives…. And it just tastes better.
Ingredients: Sweet Spicy Greens Juice!
Romaine – 4 hearts
Spinach – 1.5 cups very loosely packed
Cilantro – ¼ cup very loosely packed
Mint – ½ cup very loosely packed
Ginger – 10 grams (or 15g if you want it spicier)
Apple 1 small apple cored
Pineapple chunks 100 grams
Coconut water ½ cup + 2 ice cubes
- Wash, cut and weight all fruits and vegetables.
- Put liquid in first and soft foods.
- Add apple ginger and ice cubes last
- Use your power blender crusher (that comes with the machine) to push foods down. (Never use your hands to push food in …. like EVER!)
- Blend on high speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Do not over blend as the heat could start to denature the drink
- Drink same day, preferably within 20 minutes of blending.
I post health, fitness & lifestyle videos every Tuesday & Friday so be sure to hit the subscribe to my Youtube channel to see what’s coming next!