VEGAN CHILI RECIPE YOU OUGHT TO TRY!
Who said you need meat to make mean chili? I have the perfect vegan chili recipe … which utilizes NO meat but packs a mouthful of flavour!
Give it a try and see how you like it!
The list below may seem daunting but it isn’t! It just takes one quick shopping trip to gather everything.
- Place a large saute pan over medium high heat, then drizzle with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and red chili and sauté for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle cumin, turmeric and kelp flakes over the onion mix and stir well, then add the carrot, celery, zucchini and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables begin to get tender.
- Add the tomatoes and the beans and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, or until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated creating a sauce.
- Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat. Season the chili to taste with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Spoon the chili into serving dishes – garnish with cilantro and serve!
Looking for more recipes? Make sure to peak at my online training program which include a vegetarian and vegan meal plan! My meal plans include a meal chart, a supplement guide and of course delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!