VEGAN AVOCADO BEAN DIP RECIPE
I love avocados! They honestly are one of the most nutritious fruits out there! And they can make for an awesome, healthy dip!
The recipe below is called Adzuki Bean & Avocado Mash! It is straight out of my holistic meal plans! It is good for vegan, vegetarians, meat eaters and hypothyroids alike! Pair it up with raw veggies for an extra crunch (… and more nutrition)
VEGAN AVOCADO BEAN DIP: HEALTH BENEFITS
- Avocado: Avocados are highly nutritious! They contain more potassium than bananas, vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, B5, B6 , vitamin E, Iron and magnesium. They are also a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats that are good for your heart and reduce inflammation. Last but not least, avocados contain 7 grams of fiber per 100 gram serving. In short, they are the perfect fruit for those with hypothyroid as they contain many of the nutrients that those with low thyroid are deficient in.
- Adzuki Beans:Full of fiber, magnesium, folate, potassium and protein, adzuki beans are a great addition to a hypothyroid diet. They can help regulate blood sugar levels and with weight management. These beans also contain a unique mineral known as molybdenum which plays a crucial part in the detoxification of the liver. Powerful stuff!
- Cumin: This ancient spice helps with digestion, immunity and insomnia. It has several minerals including iron, manganese and copper. Cumin packs a bold flavour and is a great addition to many dishes.
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed Adzuki beans
- 1/4 mashed avocados
- Chopped onions
- Cracked black pepper, cumin and sea salt (pinch of each to taste)
- Rinse and thoroughly cook beans
- Peal and mash avocados in a large bowl.
- Add chopped onions, beans and spices!
Voila! DONE! Super easy and delicious!
For more easy, healthy and nutritious recipes check out my online training program (that comes with a holistic meal plan. I have one for hypothyroids, vegans, vegetarians, weight loss and of course muscle girls!!)