VEGETARIAN DIET GROCERY LIST
I know making good healthy choices as a vegetarian can be challenging. In North America, meat and poultry is the center of most meals! Substituting these out of meals can indeed be difficult. To make matters worse, most groceries do not offer many vegetarian products that are void of soy.
So without red meat, chicken, fish and soy, what are you left with? Luckily there is still plant based protein rich foods like legumes and hemp that can be a great substitute. Below you will find a list of 2o Vegetarian Friendly Foods that you should include on your grocery list! So get shopping and happy eating!
If you are looking for a more detailed plan, make sure to check my Vegetarian meal plan (as part of my online training program!)
- Organic or Free range eggs
- EAAs (Essential Amino acids like Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- Free Run Egg whites
- Almond/ Cashew/ Coconut / Hemp or Rice milk (make sure to rotate these!!!)
- Sea veggies like sea weed and Spirulina
- Kimchi or Sauerkraut (great way to get in your Probiotics!)
- Black/ white/ kidney beans
- Sprouts: Broccoli, Alfalfa, Pea Shoot, Sunflower, Radish
- Kale/ Spinach/ Leafy Greens/ collard greens
- Hemp Hearts
- Chia Seeds
- Raw nuts and Seeds
- Broccoli or cauliflower
- Whole grain brown or wild rice
- Zucchini and eggplant
- Vegan, Pea or Rice Based protein supplement
- Sweet potatoes or Yams
Grab the list above and go grocery shopping! If you are looking for a detailed meal plan, check out my vegetarian meal plan which includes a detailed chart and fun recipes! This is included as part of my online training program.